Preschool Open Enrollment Process
First Three Weeks of January
To APPLY for preschool, your child must turn 3 years old on or before September 1, 2020. The application must be delivered to the Child Development Center office (1401 Inglewood Ave, RB 90278) between January 6 and January 24, 2020.
Procedure for Parent(s)/Guardian(s) Applying for 3 YEAR OLD Preschool Placement:
- Complete the RBUSD Child Development Center Preschool Application (Link Below)
- Bring the completed Child Development Center Preschool Application to Child Development office located in the RBUSD District Office located at 1401 Inglewood Avenue, Redondo Beach, CA 90278 starting January 6, 2020 and no later than January 24, 2020. (between 8:00am and 4:30pm)
- The Preschool Enrollment Lottery will be held Friday January 31, 2020 at 3:00pm. All names will be drawn in the public lottery in order to enroll available spaces and establish subsequent waitlists.
RBUSD’s Child Development Center offers preschool programs on three campuses: Alta Vista Elementary, Lincoln Elementary, and Tulita Elementary. There are a total of 74 spots available for 3 year old enrollment across the district. The spots are highly sought after; therefore, the lottery process has been established.
When the Enrollment Lottery takes place on January 31st at 3:00pm, priority shall be established using the following guidelines:
- Priority for preschool enrollment shall be granted first to children of current permanent employees of the District. "Children" shall be limited to each permanent employee's immediate family, including step-children living with them at least 50% of the time. To enjoy this priority, applicants must submit the preschool application to the District Office, Child Development Department no later than January 24, 2020.
- After preschool enrollment is completed for children of current permanent employees of the District, priority will be granted to students who have one or more siblings currently enrolled in the Child Development Center. To enjoy this priority, applicants must submit the preschool application to the District Office, Child Development Department no later than January 24, 2020.
- Subsequent openings will be filled by lottery using the non-priority applications that were submitted during the open enrollment process